Our latest challenge as a Bostik Blogger was a Bird/Flying themed box of goodies.
Having been to the local Wildlife Park which specialises in parrots quite a few times over the last year, the Little A’s are big fans of the colourful, noisy birds. Having a look in the box full of crafts I thought it would be fun to create some of our own parrots! We have a lot of toilet roll tubes saved up for crafting with and I thought these would make the perfect base to add the colours on to.
It was a little more tricky than the previous crafts we had done and the Little A’s did need a bit of help, however, we are really pleased with the finished results.
What we used:
Toilet Roll Tubes
How we made it:
1. Cover the toilet roll rube in coloured paper, card or felt. (Tip: We held the end together with a couple of paper clips whilst the glue dried).
2. Glue on two eyes.
3. Cut 3 pieces of pipe cleaner. Bend 1 in half and stick on for a beak.
4. Stick on the other two pipe cleaners to the bottom of the tube for feet.
5. Stick on two feathers each side of the tube as the wings.
6. We used a couple of smaller feathers at the top of the tube for extra colour and plumage.
7. Decorate the bird with some colourful jewels.
I think they look really colourful and fun – one even flew outside to enjoy the Spring sunshine!
Disclosure – We received a box of craft supplies free of charge to enable us to complete the above craft.